Annette’s PRIVATE EVENT
- April 15, 2018
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Bringing a new type of BYO to you!
BYO – Bring Your Own [cabinet door, frame, mirror, drawer]
Give that tired frame a facelift!
Afraid to commit to a color?
What’s better than having the ability to use one of Annie Sloan’s 35 chalk paint colors and try it on for size?
Take it home, live with it, then decide if you love it or could leave it.
If you love it, we have the paint and you now have the skills to finish your project!
If you could leave it, come back in, and find another color to try!
The wonderful part of this furniture painting workshop is that you will leave with a small piece of furniture transformed by YOU, in a Chalk Paint® color and finish YOU have chosen! We supply all materials for you. All you need to bring to this furniture painting workshop is yourself, dressed to paint, and your piece of furniture!
In this Class, you will learn how to:
- Properly prepare your piece for a lasting, beautiful finish
- Select color combinations and paint your piece using Chalk Paint®
- Dry or wet distress your piece
- Properly finish your piece with Chalk Paint® Wax or Lacquer
The Nitty Gritty:
- BRING: a piece that you want to transform from your home and your enthusiasm for your project.
- To ensure that you can finish during the workshop, furniture size should not be larger than 36” tall or 36” wide (preferably wood). Small wooden chairs, end tables or nightstands are perfect. If you do not have an appropriate piece of furniture, please let us know ahead of time and we will try to find a small and inexpensive piece of furniture for you.
- You must be able to carry your piece in, and take it home with you at the end.
- The piece must be able to dry in 2 hours.
- You *may* not be able to finish the whole piece during the time allotted, depending on the piece.
- Please wear comfortable “painting” clothes
- NOTE: You *will* be required to send in a picture of what you will be bringing in and working on. Please choose something that you can carry yourself up a flight of stairs and can fit on a small desk. Thank you!
All painting materials will be provided.
Fresh baked goods and fresh coffee will be served….and the traditional BYO is also welcome!
Space is limited. Advance registration required.